is a creative writing half day camp for writers (age 8 and up) at the Salem Museum.
Led by award-winning poet and young adult novelist Mary Crockett Hill, WordSparks will ignite your creativity with a combination of writing, hands-on art projects, historical explorations, and high-energy fun.
- enjoy a fun, challenging, and low-pressure approach to writing
- explore new ways to express yourself
- use art and history as a creative spring-board
- get feedback from a professional writer
- find out how your voice connects to others who love writing
“It was a ridiculous amount of fun.”
“It helped me grow as a person.”
“She really cares. She made me feel welcomed and gave me the confidence to write.”
“I thought that I wouldn’t like poetry very much, and now I love it!”